The long awaited PIE POP recipe! These are so much fun to make and will definitely impress your guests. I used my Cherry Pie Filling Recipe for this, but you can use anything you have on hand. Lemon curd, apple pie filling, blueberries, the world is your oyster. Also be sure to check out my All-Butter Pie Crust Recipe for a fool-proof crust recipe!
Here’s what you need:
- Pie Crust (Check out my recipe here, otherwise pick some up from the refrigerator section at your local grocery store!)
- Pie Filling (I used my Cherry Pie Filling, but use whatever you like!)
- Lollipop Sticks (I found mine at Michaels)
- Egg wash (1 egg and a tablespoon of water)
- Butter (melted)
- Coarse Sugar for garnish
Here’s what you do:
1. Prepare filling.
Here are some ideas:
- Grate an apple and mix with cinnamon and sugar
- Reduce berries in a saucepan with some sugar until you get a syrup texture
- Mashed bananas and Nutella
- Chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs
- Pumpkin pie filling
- Nutella and Oreos
2. Roll out pie crust
– TIP: I like my pie crust rolled slightly thinner than I would for a standard pie. This is because the crust to filling ratio is much higher for a pie pop, so having a thinner crust helps.
3. Using a biscuit cutter or small glass, cut out circles in the pie crust. Make sure to cut out an even number so every pop has a pair!
4. Prepare the egg wash by whisking 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, apply the egg wash to the edges of the bottom crust.
5. Place the lollipop stick onto the bottom crust. Have the top of the stick line up with the center of the circle.
6. Place filling on top of the pie pop stick.
– TIP: Be sure not to overfill or the pie pop will be very difficult to seal!
7. Place top crust over filling and using a fork, seal the edges. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sugar.
8. Bake at 375º for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
And you have PIE POPS!